Sheila Fullerton, Director of Psychiatric Rehabilitation
Greene Arc's Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program is now located at
- Open Arms's Drop-In Center
- 30 N. Washington Street, Waynesburg, PA 15370
- Phone: 724-627-3213
- Fax: 724-852-1856
- Psychiatric rehabilitation is based on recovery.
- It is the process of helping an individual who has a psychiatric disability.
- Rehabilitation seeks to make changes in a person's surroundings which include the living, learning, work, and social roles, and also a person's ability to deal with their surroundings and everyday life issues.
- Primarily the Boston University Approach we help persons progress through a number of stages including engagement, readiness, choosing and achieving.
- Through the stages the individual will progress toward getting and keeping the living, learning, working, and social environment that they would prefer
Open House Friday, May 17th from 10:00am - 2:00pm.
You are invited to attend this event as we celebrate "Mental Health Awareness Month". For further information please call 724-627-3213.
What is Recovery?Recovery is not a cure! Recovery is gaining or regaining valued roles in the community by developing a reconstructed meaning and purpose of life beyond mental illness. Recovery involves success and satisfaction in the preferred environmental roles with the least amount of direct practitioner intervention. You can recover while still experiencing symptoms of the illness. RECOVERY HAPPENS !
Who is eligible for Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services?
- 18 years or older
- Presence or history of mental illness including Schizophrenia, major mood disorder, psychotic disorder NOS, schizoaffective disorder or borderline personality disorder
- Other diagnoses may be approved by the managed care organization under the exception process but persons must meet all other criteria
- Moderate to severe functional impairment from a mental illness that affects one or more one of the environmental roles : Living, Learning, Working, and Social
- The person must themselves choose to participate
- A interested person can self refer to Greene Arc Inc Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program They can be referred by:
- Family member
- A Caseworker
- Mental Health Therapist
- Psychologist or Psychiatrist
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Doctor
- Any Hospitalization program
- If you were recently hospitalized and will be leaving the hospital the staff can refer you
- Self Referral
- The referral process begins when the referral form is sent in or the referral process can be completed over the phone and then followed by a meeting.
Kyle Hallam Greene County Artist and Greene Arc have partnered to create arts and crafts from recycled materials. Individuals in Psychiatric Rehabilitation are getting hands-on experience using cardboard from the Recycling Center to create mosaics.