I like my staff. They help me with my bills, and they help me make supper. The staff takes me to the Grocery Store. They see if I am doing OK. We go to the game and they take me on outings."
I like Greene Arc. They taught me to budget my money better, and save money. I have alot of friends at Greene Arc."
The Home & Community Habilitation Program came into my daughter's life about two years ago. Since then she has grown in many ways. They have worked on different goals with her that has made her a more independent person. The staff that come into our home has not only been a person who is teaching her how to bath independently or count money on her own, but has become her friend and also a part of our family. The staff also take her on outings into the community and while on these outings she is using all of the skills that she is working on (paying for her meal and getting her right change back, or getting ready for an outing by bathing and washing her hair) My daughter looks forward to the staff picking her up at school and spending time with her. My daughter is very friendly and the community interaction has helped her social skills and has given her outings with others besides her family. All in all, this program has been a "God Send" for my family."
Our daughter started participating in the Greene Arc Home & Community program about one and one half years ago. When she was introduced to the employees that would be working with her she showed no interest in participating with them or the program. She became more comfortable and secure in her change of usual routine . After getting to know her aides she was able to go out with them into the conmmunity and she became more independent and willing to leave me. She participates with her aides in activities such as shopping, swimming at the Wellness Center, going to the public library, and joining in with other people for games, and social activities for short periods of time.
The aides that have worked with her have been very kind, considerate, patient, and understanding with her as well as with her father and me. We are happy with her progress. We hope that she continues to grow and develop her self-esteem to a higher level and to realize her capabilities and potential. We want to thank the employees of Greene Arc Home & Community."
My sister is a different person now that she has found her "match" in Greene Arc. She is happy, smiling and comes home saying "That's fun". She is learning more and more each day and trying to talk more to the point that outside people are understanding what she is trying to express. She tries to tell other people they should go to Greene Arc. She likes to stay busy and feels better when she is trying to help people, this has been made possible with the Greene Arc program. Not only does she love the facility, she loves the staff. Greene Arc has been an answer from God."
Home & Community Habilitation
What are Home and Community Habilitation Services (HCHS)?
- Face-to-face services provided in homes and other community settings
- Services assist individuals to acquire, maintain and improve various residential skills
- Skills can be self-help, domestic, socialization and adaptive
- Can include participation in church activities, safe cooking or using public transportation
- Support can be provided in the areas of self-care, communication, fine and gross motor skills, mobility, therapeutic activites, personal adjustments, relationship development, socialilzation and use of community resources.
- This skill-focused habilitation service can be provided up to 24 hours per day, depending on individual needs.
Additional Types of Home and Community Habilitation Support
- Assistance in skill development through participation in a variety of everyday life activities
- Assistance in developing increased functioning to live more independently in the community
- Assistance in becoming more productive and participatory in community life
- Assistance to individuals residing in settings not subject to licensing regulations
Accessing and Utilizing Community Resources such as:
- Other Communication Assistance
- Other Habilitation Outcomes
- Other Activities of Community Life
Developing or Maintaining Financial Stablity and Security
- Plans for Achieving Self-Support (PASS)
- General Banking
- Personal and Estate Planning
- Account Balancing
- Preparing Income Tax Returns
Individual Supports Plans(ISP)
- Services may involve multiple outcomes coordinated among different providers.
- Service needs must be documented with no conflicts or service overlaps.
- Service needs must be established through an assessment process.
- Service and support needs are identified through a person-centered planning process.
- HCHS provides all transportation needed for the individual to participate is services and activiites specified in the ISP.
Our Overall Intended Outcome
The intent of Home and Community Habilitation Services is to reduce the need for direct person assistance by inproving the individual's capacity to perform these tasks independently. We strive for increased functioning in our absence!
For more detailed information contact:
Tammy HoustonDirector of Home and Community Habilitation Services (724)627-5511 ext.119 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TransportationGreene Arc, Inc. is a service provider that has the capabilities to provide our consumers with transportation to our Vocational Training Center (VTC). Consumers are also transported to activities in the community.
Our fleet of vehicles ensures the safe transportation of our consumers. Greene Arc employees receive the following trainings:
- Transporting passengers in a van
- van/Vehicle Safety
- Complete Road Test Driving
Greene Arc conducts a Driver's Record History Check on all employees.
Valid Driver License RequiredEach Residential Group Home has a vehicle assigned to their site. Also, additional vehicles are utilized to transport individuals that may reside independently or with family members.
There is not a day that I go to work that I don't learn something new, either from one of the clients, or a co-worker. Greene Arc is not just a work place, it is an extended family, each person having their good and bad days, but the famiy helps each individaul to have more of th e former and less of the latter. Greene Arc has brought meaning and insight to my work life and I am proud when asked "Where do you work?:", to respond "I work for Greene Arc."
After the business through the week is complete, our events on the weekends give our individuals and the staff needed time to relax and enjoy each other's company. These special occasions show the support between the staff and the individuals. Everyone is willing to help and pitch in whenever needed to make these events fun and successful. In my short time in this organization, I can truly say it has made me a better person. I wish I would have found this opportunity much earlier in my life."